UCLA Engineering Fund
The UCLA Engineering Fund allows alumni, parents and friends of UCLA to make an immediate impact with annual gifts used to address the school’s most pressing needs. Annual Fund donations supply the much-needed gift of flexibility, allowing the dean and seven department chairs to respond quickly to new opportunities in several areas:
- Schoolwide support: Gifts to the UCLA Engineering Annual Fund are used for faculty recruitment, to ensure operational vitality, to support student projects and bolster programs that provide hands-on engineering experience and tutoring to middle-school and high-school students.
- Scholarships: Donations to this fund support the most accomplished incoming students at UCLA Engineering.
- Student Projects: UCLA Engineering student teams travel abroad to build and rehabilitate critical infrastructure in communities of need and participate in national competitions sponsored by a professional engineering associations including IEEE, ASME, AIAA and ASCE.
- Diversity in Engineering: A learning environment rich with a diversity of students and faculty members expands the range of knowledge, experiences and viewpoints at UCLA Engineering. This fund supports UCLA Engineering’s Center for Excellence in Engineering and Diversity.
- Support for Each Department:
Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Civil and Environmental Engineering
Materials Science and Engineering
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering