Access to a Research Laboratory
Safety is of paramount importance to all people within HSSEAS. To ensure laboratory safety, all research personnel must be properly trained. To gain access to a research laboratory in HSSEAS (a key or electronic access), you need to take the following steps and complete them:
- Contact your department’s management service officer or other designated staff who handle new hires and you should be given the following information:
- An up-to-date schedule of the EHS Safety Training Course: Training Matrix
- Research Laboratory Hazard Assessment and Personal Protective Equipment Use
- A list of Chemical Use Hazards: Particularly Hazardous Substances
- A key request form
- Attend and complete the following EHS laboratory safety training courses:
- Laboratory Safety Fundamental Concepts
– This is required for ALL researchers. NO exceptions.
- Any additional laboratory safety training course required for your research
– This should be done in consultation with the PI/research advisor.
- Complete the key request form and submit it along with the EHS certificates on the safety courses.
Research Lab Safety