|UCLA Engineering alumni reside in every state across the country and in 65 nations across the globe. They work in traditional engineering and computer science fields as well as in medicine, law, business and a wide range of other endeavors.
Top Locations for UCLA Engineering Alumni
Los Angeles County: 15,146
Orange County: 4,409
San Mateo/Santa Clara: 3,612
San Francisco/Alameda/Contra Costa: 2,196
San Diego County: 1,683
California Total: 29,688
Metro Washington, D.C. : 604
U.S. Total: 36,855
Around the World
Middle East and Africa: 19
Canada, Mexico, South and Central America: 114
Australia, New Zealand and Pacific Islands: 16
Total Living Alumni: 38,310
Deceased Alumni: 2,294
Total Alumni: 40,604
As of October 2015
- Allen Adham ’90, Michael Morhaime ’90 and Frank Pearce ’90, co-founders of Blizzard Entertainment
- Vinton G. Cerf MS ’70, PhD ’72, Google Vice President and Internet Evangelist, one of the Fathers of the Internet
- Raymond Chen ’90 Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- James Collins ’50, Retired CEO of Worldwide Restaurant Concepts Inc.
- James L. Easton ’59, Chairman and CEO of sports equipment company Jas. D. Easton Inc.
- B. John Garrick, MS ’62, PhD ’68, Garrick Foundation for the Advancement of Risk Sciences
- Jack Gifford ’63, Co-founder of Advanced Micro Devices & Maxim Integrated Products
- Klein Gilhousen ’69, Co-inventor of CDMA Technology and Co-founder of Qualcomm
- Linda Katehi MS ’81, PhD ’84, Chancellor of UC Davis
- Blake Krikorian ’90, Founder of Sling Media
- Megan McArthur ’93 NASA astronaut
- Henry Samueli ’75, MS ’76, PhD ’80, Co-founder of Broadcom Corp.
- Heidi Shyu MS ’81 Engr. 82 Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics and Technology
- Ronald D. Sugar ’68, MS ’69, PhD ’71, Former Chairman and CEO, Northrop Grumman Corporation
Top Employers of UCLA Engineering Alumni:
Raytheon Co.; Northrop Grumman Corp.; The Boeing Co.; IBM Corp.; Intel Corp.; Hewlett-Packard Co.; Chevron Corp.; Cisco Systems; Google Inc.; NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory; City of Los Angeles; Lockheed Martin Corp.; Broadcom Corp.; Aerospace Corp.; Qualcomm Inc.